Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Getting out to Orly Airport

Like pretty much everybody out there and their dog, C & I just came back from Lisbon.  I swear though that we weren't just hopping on the travel bandwagon - I booked this trip six months ago, when I was in the throes of my thesis project and needing something to look forward to.

I did a lot of research on travel blogs etc to figure out the best way to get around, and some things weren't always super clear, so I thought I would share my travel tips here, starting with the best way to get out to the airport.

We flew from Orly, and decided to test out the new tram line T7.  This tram goes from the end of the metro line 7 at Villejuif and takes you out to the airport. The tram line goes through zones 3 & 4, so we were initially a bit confused about what kind of ticket you would need, but the RATP agent just had us buy a regular T+ metro ticket from the vending machine, so I think overall this ends up being the most cost effective option for getting to Orly (1.40€ for the metro ticket if you already have a Navigo vs 7.50€ for the Orly bus or around 10-11€ for the RER B + Orlyval option). 

As a side note, the T7 goes to Orly Sud, so if you are going from Orly Ouest, you'll have to hop on the (free) Orlyval train once you arrive at the airport. (Once you get off the tram, if you look up, you will see where the Orlyval leaves from - you'll need to go into the airport in order to access the escalator up to the platform).

For the return trip, it wasn't very well sign-marked, but the T7 leaves from door G, level 0 in the South Terminal.

Total transport time was around 1 hour from the Place d'Italie, including taking the Orlyval train to the Western Terminal, though maybe leave 1h15min the first time you do it since you won't really know where you are going. 

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Gwan said...

I've never been to Orly because I've always heard it's a pain to get to (especially since coming from Tours you could grab the direct TGV to Charles de Gaulle). Looking forward to being in Brussels and being able to fly places without making the trek to Paris!

June 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger albina N muro said...

Limousine, sedan transportation from or to Cameron Park,Ca - Sacramento, San Francisco and Oakland International Airports. Folsom Airport Shuttle

December 1, 2014 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Anna Schafer said...

I did a lot of research on travel blogs etc to figure out the best way to get around, and some things weren't always super clear, so I thought I would share my travel tips here, starting with the best way to get out to the airport. Cameron Park transportation

December 27, 2014 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Mark Landmann said...

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to write this out. I landed on it from google and used it to take the tram out to Orly last week. Very helpful!
Mark

May 7, 2015 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for this very helpful information!!!!! :D

November 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home