Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Monday, November 26, 2012

This Thanksgiving, I spent the day working and reading several chapters of my "Strategic Management" book. I've done T-day dinner chez nous in the past, but with 12 hours of class on Friday and an 8am start, I just wasn't feeling up to it. 

After skyping with some family though, I ended up feeling a little down and regretting not having planned something, so C surprised me with his own mini homemade Thanksgiving dinner Saturday evening after class.  He is a sweet man and I have a lot to be thankful for this year.

Last week was also a lucky week for me - I won free tickets to both the Wine Fair and the Arts & Crafts Fair, and I also won two spots to one of the coveted Jolie Apéros.  Some of you may remember that I have a subscription to the Jolie Box (like the Birch Box in the US).  It started off as a great service and then sort of went downhill this summer.  The boxes started arriving later and later and the products weren't always that great, nor worth the 13€/mo that C had paid for as my Christmas present.  (Fyi: For those who are interested, there are some great blogs out there showing all the different versions of the JolieBox each month, and the value of each definitely varies - from 10€ to 50€+!).

The last two months though I have had a lot of really fun, new products, and I am wondering if it is 1) Because they recently got bought out by Birch Box, 2) It's just by chance or 3) My subscription is up and they are trying to draw me back in. But in the mean time like I mentioned, I won a spot at one of their Beauty Apéros.

This particular one was at La Maison Dr Hauschka, a wonderful little spa in the 11th. A friend and I showed up, and were treated to tea and unlimited Gu cheesecake, and then a free make-up session and a hand massage. It was heavenly! We also got a little to-go bag with more desserts and some free Dr Hauschka products (all of their soins and cosmetics are organic).

So I just wanted to give a shout-out to the spa - it was a really nice place, and the employees were all incredibly nice and friendly.  As for the Joliebox, I'm still debating about whether or not to renew my subscription, but I'm leaning towards yes now after that night....

Update - I just won two movie tickets as well!  Since I'm on a roll, it might be time to go out and buy a Euromillions ticket as well! ;)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Kay Bosshart said...

Sorry to hear that you were feeling a bit down in the dumps on Thanksgiving but it was really sweet of C to make dinner on Saturday.

Thanks for the info about the Dr.Hauschka spa. Those are the skincare products that I used in Switzerland and I've been unable to find anything that is good as their rose face cream. It's light and doesn't irritate my skin. I'm going to have to go for a visit soon!

November 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Sara Louise said...

You are on a roll!
That was really sweet of C to cook you a mini Thanksgiving dinner :)

November 29, 2012 at 7:11 AM  
Blogger corine said...

I love this. So uplifting and wonderful to see you so happy :)

December 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home