Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Friday, September 14, 2012

Hey there Mr President

 
Earlier this week, I was in Rennes for a big industry trade show, and as I was chatting with a customer, we started hearing this buzz moving towards us.  We stood up and saw a large crowd of people slowly coming our way, and I leaned over to ask a security guard what was going on, and he said in a hushed voice "C'est le Président". 

The French half of me weaseled my way to the front of the crowd, and that is how I found myself face to face with François Hollande just as he was passing by.  I'm not his biggest fan, but he was shaking hands with the crowd, and I couldn't resist - so I quickly stuck my out and he grabbed it and that is how I found myself shaking hands with the French president.

Just another day in France I guess....

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's fantastic!

September 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hope it wasn't wet and clammy.

September 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Ksam said...

@Sarah - actually it was! And he was really tiny too, I don't think he's much taller than Sarko. People kept saying "Where is he? Where is he?" because they couldn't see him in the crowd.

September 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger The Paris Chronicles said...

Ugh. I hope you washed your hands right away, lest his flambiness pass to you!

September 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Emily in Exile said...

that is just awesome sauce.

September 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

That is *amazing*!!! I'm so jealous! (even if i'm not that big a fan myself, it's still pretty cool to shake hands with a president!)

September 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger phread said...

I love that you inner French girl came out and got you to the front of that crowd! I am not his biggest fan, either (under statement of the century).

September 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home