Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Saturday, March 31, 2012

What's in a name?

It's been a while since I've had a good chuckle over an English Weekend snafu, but today's had me rolling on the floor.  We had made plans to meet up with an old, old friend** (hi A!) and her new husband as they'd just moved to Paris, and C was asking me what their names were.  I replied "A and....shoot" and sat there for a minute trying to think of it.  I knew it was French and that it started with a C, but was having a temporary mind blank.  Meanwhile, my own C shouted from the other room: "Shoot?  That's a weird name. How do you spell that?" At which point I collapsed in laughter on the couch and he came out with a confused look on his face. Thank you dear husband - after a rough day at work yesterday, I needed a good belly laugh.

**We were able to reconnect thanks to my blog - that's the power of the Internets people!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home