Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Friday, October 28, 2011

This post probably won't interested a lot of you, but I did want to talk about our prestataires - I had a hard time finding recommendations from people, so I'm going to put mine down here in case they might be useful to someone else out there.

I got my hair done by a French woman who worked for a fancy French salon in NYC for ten years, and I'm really happy with how my hair turned out. She doesn't have a website (and she wasn't necessarily the most reliable person in the world), but if anyone is interested in her contact info, just let me know.

The hair piece I had in came from Etsy shop called PetalnPearlBoutique. They make all kinds of hair clips, head bands, combs, shoe accessories etc that can be customized to match either your dress or your bridesmaids' dresses. They were so much fun to work with and I'm really happy with how mine turned out. Plus their prices are super reasonable, even with shipping to France.

The make-up lady came recommended by Heather, and I loved that she was Finnish. She doesn't have a website either, but she was very professional and absolutely lovely and I would recommend her in a heartbeat.

My flowers came from Au Nom de la Rose - they were very willing to customize the bouquet to match my dress and I found their prices very reasonable for wedding items.

I had my dress alterations done by Grain de Coton, again for very reasonable prices, especially for Paris. As a side note, this store also rents wedding dresses and wedding accessories, so you can either rent a dress there or rent out your wedding dress if it's just sitting in your closet collecting dust. I believe she also offers to sell them for you as well.

The pictures were taken by two photographers - the ceremony and the dinner/party were taken by L's husband B. As you can see from the pictures, he did a really nice job, so if anyone is looking for an English-speaking photographer, give him a holler!

The pictures that were taken around Paris were done by Isabelle Nery - she also caters to Anglophones and she does a lot of family and engagement pictures for American tourists. She was nice, but I did sort of feel like she didn't really take the time to get to know us as a couple, so she was trying to force us do things that were really our style. But one of her pluses compared to other photographers we'd met with was that she had a driver/assistant who drove us from site to site so I didn't need to trek around Paris in my wedding dress. And we did get some really beautiful shots from her too, so I can't complain too much.

The cake came from Cat at SugarDaze. She mostly does cupcakes, but she also bakes and decorates American-style cakes for weddings, birthday parties, baptisms, etc. Our cake was delicious and I really loved how it turned out - I'd recommend checking our her flickr page for more examples because she is one creative lady and I guarantee you will leave hungry!

Lastly, we had the wedding dinner at 138 parnasse. We've been eating there for a few years now, so we know the owners, and they did a great job for our wedding dinner. Their son recently took over though and upped their prices by a ton, so I'm not sure if we'll continue eating there on a regular basis or not. But even with the higher prices, it remains one of those restaurants where you can go and be assured of getting a good French meal with great service to boot.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger melinda said...

twice i rented an apt right around the corner from parnasse 138 so have eaten there many times.....sorry to hear the prices have gone up as it was always very reasonable & good but i guess the next time i'm in paris i will rent in montmartre near my daughters place (maybe Lisa's new project?)

October 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger House Hunting in Paris said...

Did you end up tipping the restaurant anything additional and if so, what percentage? Not sure what proper etiquette in France is for private functions/private meals in restaurants since service is already included in the price. Thanks!

March 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home