Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Monday, October 18, 2010

What the???

Last Thursday night C & I used up our Groupon coupon for the Happy Days Diner. It ended up being a pretty good deal btw - we got nachos, two cheeseburgers, a banana split for me & a chocolate muffin for C, all for 18€. Happy Days has the same basic decor as BIA, but the main difference was that all the staff were French and all the other diners were French too.

We were so full that we decided to get a bit of fresh air and walk along the Seine back to Saint Michel. One of my favorite things to do during a night walk is to look through the windows of all the fancy French apartments. You usually can't see much - maybe the glimpse of a painting here, or a bit of the crown molding there. So I had to do a double-take when I saw this:But I guess as far as dead animals go, at least this one has a pretty nice view.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And I thought I was the only one who peeks into other peoples windows!

Not seen a stag yet, though!

Congratulations.

All the best

Keith

October 18, 2010 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

So surprising !!

October 18, 2010 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I must say, I wasn't too impressed by Happy Days when I tried it...BIA and that new place on rue Mouffetard are much better in my opinion. What did you think?

October 19, 2010 at 11:40 PM  
Blogger Ksam said...

You know, I've never really found the food at BIA that great. I've been there a few times now, and have always left feeling sort of "meh".

And I wasn't super impressed with the Happy Days St Michel location - but I thought the Hotel de Ville one was really nice. The nachos were just okay, but the burgers were decent and my dessert was good too.

I haven't been to the new diner on Mouffetard yet though...

October 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home