Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Yesterday, for lack of any other choices, I ended up eating lunch at a truck stop. I'm generally not a fan of these sort of places, because 1) They're filled with truckers who love to stare and 2) The meal usually involves a bloody steak and fries. Which is fine if you like that, but it's really not my thing...

Anyways, I managed to choke down the meal and pay, and then I headed out to my car. Which is where I came across this:
I was like WTF? What was a peacock doing in the middle of nowhere? And why was it running in circles around my car? And then "Wait a minute, just how much wine did I have with my lunch?"

It seemed rather manic, so I didn't dare approach. Instead, I called on the Twitterverse to tell me if peacocks were aggressive. I got five "Watch out, they're mean" responses and two "Don't worry, they're very sweet". The numbers spoke, and I kept my distance until he'd had enough and moved on towards the next car:
And then I shook my head and went on my merry way.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger A Tank said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 14, 2010 at 6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you've got the guts to drink truck stop wine I can't imagine a peacock causing any problems.

August 15, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home