Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Boys sure do take up a lot of time. Despite all the worrying I did about being single and living alone after first moving to Paris, I actually got used to it, and even grew to like it. So I'm still getting used to having to share my time again, and to having to consult with someone else before planning something. Though part of me is happy I have 'a someone else' to consult with. (The other part of me sort of misses just vegging on the couch in comfy pajamas).

Other than that though, there's not much to note. I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, but I have decided to make an effort to travel more this year. I took more trips through Europe when I lived in the US than I have since living in France. I guess you just get into that mindset of "it'll always be there, I can go next year". Well, next year has finally arrived.

And C, being a fonctionnaire, gets a crazy amount of vacation. He's already asked for one week off in February and one week off in March. So now we are in the process of discussing what to do and where to go. I alternate between moments of panic, where I freak out about things like purchasing tickets and reserving hotels THAT FAR AHEAD!, and other moments of calm, where I feel reassured because he is wanting to do this too. Sometimes all the ups and downs tire me, and I think to myself "Just get over it already". But I guess it's all just part of the process.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I keep saying "I can go next year" too, but I feel like I should take advantage of cheap flights and short distances between such interesting places. Good for you for wanting to get out of that mindset!

January 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Starman said...

Your stress seems to emanate from you feeling like everything is up to you. I'm C would be willing to share the responsibilities for your trips.

January 19, 2010 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger emaleejayne said...

Go! There is so much to see! And traveling makes great memories! :)

(the word verification is: stellyc - one a away from making me thirsty!)

January 19, 2010 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger The Big Finn said...

Easyjet begins direct flights from Paris to Helsinki on February 8th.

January 20, 2010 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Ksam said...

TBF - I just bought tickets on Monday, and will be heading to Helsinki for Vappu weekend!

January 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home