Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sunday, Leesa, Noëlle and I (plus others) participated in the 5K Odyssea Breast Cancer Walk/Run out at the Château de Vincennes. Even though it was tough getting up early after la nuit blanche, I had a great time and it was for a good cause.
According to their website, there were 14,000 participants this year - up a huge jump from the 8,000 last year, and a total of 175,000 euros was raised. The money will go to the Gustave Roussay Research Institute.It took us just a little over an hour to finish and then we all enjoyed a nice lunch of omlettes and salads at a nearby restaurant.And then I went home and took a nap.

But things have been going relatively well for me as late (knock on wood), and I've been feeling the need to give back, to share my good fortune. If anyone else knows of any similar events or other places to volunteer, please let me know.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Starman said...

Good job. I been wondering though, what these organizations are doing with the millions upon millions of dollars we give them. Where is the money going and why are there no new breakthroughs to show for it?

October 7, 2009 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hey Sam! It was great having you join us! And how funny that you already knew Lily... Small world, eh?! I hope we can do other walks and things like this together as a group in the near future.. I'll look for more stuff to do like this... Leese

October 7, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home