Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Friday, October 23, 2009

The last place I visited last week was the Château de Villandry. The château itself is a bit bof, but it's the gardens people come to see (think Versailles on a smaller scale).I also really enjoyed the fall decorations they had - it's not too often that you see pumpkins lying around. Though Karina said the exact same decorations where there when she visited several years ago, so I guess they don't win points for originality...
The inside was also a bit strange - there were lots of different styled rooms. I personally was not a fan of the salmon pink walls in the main dining room:
But the gardens were still worth the visit - even if I had to laugh at the use of cabbage as a decorative plant. It's a really common thing to see here in France.
And lastly, I have to give a shout-out to Amy from Chitlins and Camembert, for not being freaked out by the idea of meeting a random person from the internet. We met up for lunch last Thursday in a restaurant across from another château, and I had a really lovely time. She recently started blogging again, so go check out her site!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's loads of pumpkins and squashes outside the mairie in Amiens at the mo' in huge flower pots. It looks great. I must remember my camera the next time I'm in town. :o)

October 23, 2009 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Starman said...

Oh how jaded we have become when we can write "The château itself is a bit bof".

October 23, 2009 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger Quantumhollapena said...

Cabbage decorating seems to be pretty popular here in Boston too. I found it funny to find a random plant on the side of the road after a hockey game. Someone must have gotten rowdy!

October 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

Ah, you had a chance to meet Amy! Lucky you! You must have had such fun...

October 26, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home