Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9/9/9

In addition to it being my six year Franciversary, that means it's also one full-year that I've been living in my shoebox. While I realize this kind of living situation isn't for everyone, it's served its purpose for me. I added up the figures yesterday and found out that by living here, I saved 5400€ on rent last year (or about 4000€, if you count the money I lost in the apartment scam). But that's still not a negligible sum!

I also went through my finances and found that I'm over half-way to having saved the amount I'll need to put a payment down on an apartment. It'll be about another year before I'll have the full amount, and I'm of course waiting on my citizenship answer before I make any real decisions, but it's still exciting to see that things are moving along, and that these sacrifices haven't been for rien.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The Duchess said...

Good for you KSam! Every cloud has a silver lining and all that jazz.

September 9, 2009 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Great job! I can't wait until you finally meet your goal and start looking for places. How exciting.

September 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

In Chinese culture today is considered lucky (9 is one of the luckiest numbers), so it's a good day to have your anniversary!

And, hey, you might live in a shoebox, but not only are you saving money, you've got a view of the Eiffel tower. Can't ask for much more in Paris.

Congrats, now go out and celebrate!

September 9, 2009 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Yay! Go you!

September 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger shannon said...

Wow! That is really awesome news!!

September 9, 2009 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Starman said...

That's a lot of money saved in just one year. Way to go.

September 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on the financial front! You've got a goal in mind, you're taking the necessary steps to get there, and look how far you've come. So many people can't manage that - take a bow!

September 10, 2009 at 5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, proud of you.

September 10, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home