Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Monday, August 24, 2009

Saturday evening, Kendra and I made our way out to Versailles to meet up with the lovely Princesse Ecossaise and her fiancé FP in order to watch the Grandes Eaux Nocturnes at the Château de Versailles.

It was cool to be able to walk around the Château gardens at night, but based on the description on their website, I expected it to be more of a light show than there really was - ie. I was hoping to see more things like this:


After two hours of walking around, a voice came over the loud speaker, inviting us "to rejoin the Great Perspective" in English. We had to laugh because it was a direct translation from the French message, ie "Mesdames et Messieurs, Nous vous invitons à rejoindre la Grande Perspective". The funniest though was that the English message was obviously recorded by a native English speaker. Don't you think you'd if you were the one recording it, you'd take the time to tell them that the sentence was gobbledygook in English? Non??

The fireworks were fun though, and left the sky glittering like diamonds:


The accompanying fire show was also pretty impressive:


I think Saturday was the last night of this particular show, but there are a few others ones coming up in September - including Cyrano de Bergerac et les Empires du Soleil.

3 Comments:

Blogger Princesse Ecossaise said...

oh wow, you got videos! That's excellent! It was a really fun night, I can't stop laughing at the poor woman who fell into the hedge!!

August 24, 2009 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

That looks like what we saw a few years ago in Vendee for the 14th.... I wonder if it's the same guy... He's quite famous... I'll ask my friend. Glad you had fun!

August 25, 2009 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Ksam -
I've been an avid reader of your adventures in France for YEARS now, and have never commented - always too shy. But I recently started a blog of my own, inspired partly by wonderful bloggers like yourself that have kept me captivated. Just wanted to say thanks for always writing with eloquence, thoughtfulness, and candor for all these years. You've got me hooked!

August 26, 2009 at 5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home