Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Monday, November 10, 2008

Between desperately trying to catch up on sleep and all the work that piled up while I was out of town, I had myself one pretty American weekend. I *finally* met up with EricaJ at Starbucks and we shared our respective carte de séjour/citizenship app stories. She's a couple months ahead of me in the process, and it's been really nice to be able to talk to her about what to expect.

Saturday night was game night, and after taking off my cranky pants, I had a good time gorging myself on the Halloween Booty K&K had received from a listener. As a side note, I am contemplating starting a podcast myself, if only so that people will start sending ME cool stuff. :) We had chocolate halloween peeps, which may have outed the classic yellow Easter peeps as my fav. There were scary frozen eye balls that I did not get anywhere touching, Mary Janes, and of course loads of M&M's.

Sunday was spent chez EricaS, who is probably one of the best cooks I know. She made us pancakes and these delicious omelettes with cheddar. Real cheddar! That right there just goes to show how selfless she is - if I had cheddar, I probably would've kept it for myself, lol. And they have British cable, so I got my dose of English TV for the week.

And now, as I write this, I am eating a s'mores pop tart courtesy of EricaJ. She brought me a pack of them back from the US, and they sure are tasty. Which reminds me, I need to started on the list of food I want to buy while I'm back...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an non American reader, I am confused as to what Mary Janes and peeps are! Can you enlighten me?! :-)

November 10, 2008 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger KathyMac said...

they were the squishiest peeps EVER.
yum!

here you go sallymari:

peeps:
http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/
(you can turn the music off)

mary janes :
http://www.necco.com/OurBrands/Default.asp?BrandID=1

November 10, 2008 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Fned said...

OMG your post just made me so hungry and am so NOT craving the stupid salad we're having for diner.

No! Me want M&M's..... and Mary Janes... and Reeses peanut butter buttercups.... and.... and...

Stupid salad.

Fned.

November 10, 2008 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

Haha!! I just got full reading this post!! YUMMM... POPTARTS!!!

November 11, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home