Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Today marks four months that I've been in Paris. It's also Fab's 30th birthday. That makes me laugh because he's been freaking out about turning 30 for about two years now, so I'm picturing him waking up and feeling all depressed.

And in just a few days, it will be six months since we broke up. Which is crazy because sometimes it feels like ages ago and sometimes it feels like yesterday. At my lowest point, a friend told me that once I hit the six month mark, things would start to get better. I remember thinking at the time "My God, six months of feeling like this?? No thank you!" And I am so relieved that was not the case.

In other news, I have been enjoying the fabulous weather we've been having lately. The leaves are starting to turn and they make a lovely contrast with the bright blue sky. There's a high of 70°F today - it hasn't been that warm in ages! It has the makings for a perfect Sunday afternoon - walking around with a friend, and then meeting up with the girls for champagne & macarons at the Ladurée bar. Happy four months in Paris to me!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger KathyMac said...

woo-hoo!! for champagne and macarons!

September 28, 2008 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

yes, happy four month-aversary to you!

September 28, 2008 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger La Belette Rouge said...

Is it wrong of me to enjoy that Fab might be feeling bad today? If so, I am sorry.;-) I am so ahppy that you have found happiness in Paris. You so deserve it. I know it is a cliche' but it is true, time is the best healer.

And, yes, happy four months in Paris to you!

September 28, 2008 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hi Sam,

Hope you guys had a nice time... I went out with Justin and Jasmin this afternoon and then went home after saying goodbye to Justin and Jasmin.. I am sooo exhausted... Great time on Friday and Sat. nights.. Good seeing all of you guys!!
Hope you had a nice time and Happy 4 months in Paris.. It's been wonderful knowing you so far!!
Leesa

September 28, 2008 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger TreeFeathers said...

Happy 4 Months!!

September 28, 2008 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

4 months eh? you see? things have gotten better than they were 6 month ago...and I'm sure the best is yet to come :)

September 28, 2008 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger wcs said...

I wish I were turning thirty...

I'll just have to console myself with some champagne! Oh, and to celebrate your 4 month anniversary, of course!!

September 29, 2008 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger shannon said...

Happy four months!!!

The weather has been wonderful! I love it! Until today when I work up and it was all gloomy outside. Maybe that's not the case for Paris. Saturday, I was in Paris, and we just walked and walked, because it was just so gorgeous out.

September 29, 2008 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Happy 4 months to you!!

September 29, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home