Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Saturday, August 30, 2008

So my ten year high school reunion was last weekend. Most of my friends went, and it sounds like it was fun. I had mixed feelings about not being able to go - part of me was disappointed and the other part was glad, because it meant I didn't have to answer a million and one questions about how things were going in France. A friend sent me the reunion bio book though, and I've been having fun going through it. It's surprising how many people have children, and multiple ones at that. One girl has four of her own plus five step children. I mean, good Lord, can you imagine??

I was really lucky to have had such great friends in high school - most of whom I'm still in touch with today thanks to the wonders of the Internets and sites like Facebook. To this day, one of my favorite things about Christmas vacation (besides seeing my fam of course) is getting to hang out with them because I know I'm guaranteed several nights of gut-busting laughter. Of course that only served to remind me how laughter-less my life in Bretagne was, but still, it was always nice to reunite the gang again.

Here's the bio of my good friend T***, who I think should try out for SNL:

Spouse/sig other: I fell in love with the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen. We spent the most wonderful winter together an had a lovely February marriage. Unfortunately she turned out to be a snowman (or snowwoman if you want to be politically correct) and she melted away on our honeymoon in the Caribbean.

Children? Who can remember all of their names? I think there is a Frank or a Fred in there somewhere though...

What did you want to be in high school? A ninja-pirate

What is your career now? A pirate-ninja

Fondest high school memory? You guys remember that one time when we played that awesome prank on the up-tight principal right before the big game? That was awesome. Classic us moment. Oh wait, that was an after school special.

Something you still own/use from HS? I'm still rocking my Zoobas, hypercolor tees and slap bracelets. Don't think I'm not turning heads here in LA.

Most interesting place you've been since HS? The back seat of Christina Ricci's limo, if you know what I'm saying. High-fives all around!

What do you miss most from HS? All those super cute girls. You know who you are. Look me up when you're in LA - I'll show you the "sights".

If Hollywood were doing your life story, who would play you in HS? Zombie James Jean. Or Tina Turner if he is unavailable

Mom & Dad were right about.....The fact that life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. Wait....that was Ferris Bueller. Mom & Dad were right about Ferris Bueller being an awesome movie.

What have you been doing since HS? Taught butterflies to dance, cured cancer (but kept the cure to myself) and killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. You know, the usual.

6 Comments:

Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

That was a HILARIOUS bio... I think he's in the right place there in L.A. I'm from L.A. so I can tell you first hand... He SHOULD try out for SNL... I remember those silly slap bracelets, too!! : ) Is he on your Facebook? I want to see his page... Leese

August 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I am SO old. I have no idea what Zoobas or slap bracelets are.

And I was in high school when Ferris Bueller was released. LOL

August 30, 2008 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

By the way, I looked to teh Google for answers about Zoobas and slap bracelets. I'm kinda glad I missed out on that stuff, although parachute pants are on a par with Zoobas for sheer ugliness.

August 30, 2008 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

OH! you should answer the same questions and post them!!! Did you send your profile in?

August 31, 2008 at 2:28 AM  
Blogger wcs said...

I was in high school before Ferris Bueller was born.

Ok, maybe not, but close.

August 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Susan in Lille said...

Can parents be old enough to know about Ferris? Seriously? Oh yeah, you said TEN year reunion. I'm workin out now and doing Wii yoga to try and make my dream of being part of Cirque du Soleil come true before my TWENTY year in 2010.

September 1, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home